Monday, January 30, 2023

AI Creates Incredible Chairs

Artists of all sorts are exploring new possibilities by utilizing text-to-image AI software to great and sometimes startling effect. And virtual architect Kaveh Najafian of virtual architecture and design studio Contingency Plans used a text-to-image AI program called Midjourney to create a series of incredible chairs that look more like thrones for magical wood spirit kings and queens, or aliens from other worlds or dimensions. I was going to post these in my "Know Your Chairs" series but these chairs do not exist...yet. I see no reason why most of these could not be fabricated right now, especially the glorious wood ones with antler-like appendages. They have a fantastical, ancient-future sense about them. I think my favorite is the fifth one down...it is reminiscent of a crescent and full moon, and bull horns. I'd have that in my house.

No comments: